Video marketing is a powerful tool to use in any marketing venture to provide more traffic to your website and increase your profits. Videos are not hard to do, take less time than writing, and thousands of people prefer watching rather than reading.
The following video marketing tips will get you started.
1) Getting the right equipment. You need to have a flip camera and a tripod. The camera should be HD for better quality and appearance. Both the camera and tripod will obviously make your presentation hands free and allows you to focus on what you have to say.
2) Good lighting. Quality lighting will make your video look much better, and can be done in front of a well-lit window, or even using desk laps. Poor lighting can distract your viewers and you may lose the creditability of the message you want to convey. For example, a Scottsdale Painting Company must incorporate good lighting in all of their video projects to truly see the quality of the paint job.
3) Outline key points before shooting. This video marketing tip will make you appear more authentic and natural in front of the camera. You do not want to be looking down, turning pages, and reading from a script. This will turn off your audience and the rustling of papers and gaps in conversation will be distracting to your viewers.
4) Keyword focused title, tags, and in the description. The keywords you use should be able to be found by the search engines, or in other words, search engine optimized (SEO). Your anchor text, which simply is what is blue and clickable, should also contain your keyword. You should use at least 4-6 keyword phrases if you are doing a 2-5 minute video.
5) “Hook” your audience in the first 15-30 seconds. You want to make a good first impression as if you were walking into a job interview. It is important to get your viewer’s attention quickly. In our fast-paced world, people want quick and immediate results, and this is why your title and first words are vital to your entire presentation. People are always looking for ways you can help them, so make sure you let the audience know how you can be of benefit to their needs and problems.
6) Look directly at the camera. Maintaining eye contact with your viewers suggests that you are trustworthy and confident in what you are saying. Shifting your eyes everywhere but the camera suggests dishonesty and a lack of confidence. The audience will notice this and your message will be lost on them.
7) Be yourself. Converse as if you were talking to a friend and show your viewer’s that you are a real person. Let them know that you can help them today and relay tangible benefits they will receive your message.
8) Have a clear call to action. This is one of the most important video marketing tips or your video will have been a waste of your time. Verbally give them your website address, and embed it in your video so viewers will know what to do next. You can also leave a phone number if you choose to.
In concluding, all these video marketing tips are of value to you and will make your presentation easier than you think. If you are shy in front of the camera, practice repeatedly until you are confident enough to convey your message, and realize you are paving the way to a profitable business. For a more in depth video marketing training, watch this awesome video!